Public School Takeover by the State and Far Left
What Illinois Parents Should Know and How to Push Back
Education is not merely neglected in many of our schools today, but is replaced to a great extent by ideological indoctrination. ~ Thomas Sowell
Mr. Sowell’s words are even more true today. From the threat to continued masking of children to the indoctrination of children in critical race theory, the schools are being turned over to radical teacher unions, the far-Left and state bureaucrats. Here’s the latest information:
1. Masking in Schools: Pritzker’s Department of Public Health and State Board of Education refuse to tell you and your school districts what they plan to do this fall about masking school children. State Rep Niemerg discusses the finger pointing going on. Red Hill and Warsaw school districts are making their own mask policy while other districts have asked for immediate guidance. But, Read here 11 reasons to Say NO to Masking Children.
***ALERT: New CDC Guidelines – “Based on the needs of the community, school administrators may opt to make mask use universally required (i.e., required regardless of vaccination status) in the school.” Guidelines are just that – guidelines, not law. Both IDPH and ISBE are making comments like unvaccinated students “SHOULD” wear masks while leaving it up to districts to make the decision. SHOULD is not must or shall.
2. Sexual Indoctrination in Schools: From teaching children gender ideology, LGBTQ history, and additional sex education requirements, the state mandates in place and coming are harmful and immoral. Know the specifics and demand your school board refuses to comply. Read more here. This Bloomington mom confronted her school board and also read here.
3. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: These are code words for critical race theory. A state committee passed rules requiring colleges instruct new teachers on Culturally Responsive Teaching and Leading Standards. Teachers will be required to examine their white privilege and turn their classrooms into activist indoctrination systems. Read here. Numerous Illinois schools are implementing CRT. Read here and here. Stand up like this Bloomington resident did who received national attention for his commentary.
4. The Teacher Unions want total control over your schools. HB2789, which would have let IDPH shutdown your schools in a health emergency, did not pass, but the unions will take another crack at it. Be informed and read here. The NEA is all in for CRT – read here.
5. Illinois school funding highest in MidWest – test scores flat. A Must Read Report from Illinois policy experts at Wirepoints. “Illinois’ per student spending grew 70 percent between 2007 and 2019, the most in the nation. That’s nearly two times more than the national average over the same period…All that additional funding hasn’t translated into better outcomes for Illinois students. Wirepoints analyzed National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) data and found that Illinois test scores have basically flatlined since 2007.”
6. Illinois Administrators don’t want kids tested. Read ISBE statement here. Also, the state board of education has not put up any school reports for 2020. We are in the dark on how our children stand after 18 months of chaos in education.
Save Our Children, Get Involved
Parents must take back local control of their school districts. Here are the most impactful things you can do:
1. Become informed about the issues. Read up. The above is just a starting point.
2. Attend your local school board meeting and make a public comment about how you feel about the issues. Address the most important issue to you and simply state your position. “I do not want my kid to wear a mask in school.”
3. Know where your elected officials stand on the issues and let them know how you feel – all the way to your federal office holders.
4. Share this information with others and get a small local group together to start pushing back together.